Tuesday, July 5


Councillor Carol Taylor has issued the following statement concerning her resignation.

“My decision to resign from the Conservative party and become an independent councillor is not through any disagreements with my colleagues. It is purely on the basis that I feel that I need to retain my ability to be able to say what I want to say when I want to say it
“I am still the same person who wants to represent the people of Witham ward and Boston, and I hope to continue with my determination to serve the public to the very best of my ability.
“I realise that there may be a request for a by- election but I have no intention of resigning as a Boston Borough Councillor. My rationale for this is that I maintain my total commitment to the people of Witham ward and Boston , none of this changes the person I am and continue to be. I hope that the public will understand and support my decision.
“This decision has not been taken lightly. I have given it a great deal of thought and consideration. To be true to myself, I could not take the easy option which would have been to carry on and say nothing. This alternative would not be in the best interests for the public, myself or the Conservative party.
“I stood for election in May because I felt that I had a lot to offer the people of Witham ward and was overwhelmed when I won the election with 439 votes.
“Whilst I accept that some of the electorate voted for me as a Conservative, the fact that I polled the highest number of votes of all candidates for that ward, leads to believe that many voted for Carol Taylor rather than just for the Conservative candidate.”

You can write to us at boston.eye@googlemail.com  Your e-mails will be treated in confidence and published anonymously if requested.

No comments: