Sunday, May 24

Ahead of time

It seems that the gremlins got in the way of a reply from Councillor Andrew Bakewell following our musings about his change of political horses from Labour to Independent for the forthcoming county elections.
After Friday's mention in "Week Ending" he writes: "Apologies for the delayed response. I have been experiencing some e-mail difficulties on my county council address.
"Contrary to your speculation, my decision to stand as an independent was prompted by the writing in the press of the excesses in Westminster which finally confirmed my disillusionment with the party political system.
"My decision was also influenced by people in the division who, aware of the facts, asked me to stand at this election."
However, we're still slightly puzzled.
The "writing in the press" began with the Daily Telegraph of 8th May - the day after nominations closed for the County Council elections.

You can write to us at boston.eye@googlemail.com Your e-mails will be treated in confidence and published anonymously if requested.

No comments: